Frequently Asked Questions
WhiteStone is a neighborhood community specifically designed for a generation of active, independent-minded people age 60 and older. As a true Continuing Care community, we offer a complete package of services and amenities that enhance everyday living, provide new and enjoyable opportunities, and give you the tools you need to plan your future and make it more secure. In short, WhiteStone provides the right balance of helpful services and wonderful amenities at just the right moment in your life.
What if you could have everything you’ll likely ever want and need in one place? What if you knew that as you got older, you would never have to make moves to accommodate your new lifestyle, your new preferences and changing needs?
That’s the idea behind Continuing Care at WhiteStone. It gives you a secure feeling knowing you can live in an independent living apartment and never need to move to another community should any aspect of your lifestyle change, including your health. With access to on-site assisted living and skilled nursing care, you never have to worry about where you’ll go for care or who will take care of you.
As a not-for-profit organization dedicated to the well being of our friends and neighbors, we think Continuing Care is the smartest choice you can make. When you move to WhiteStone, you enjoy several advantages, including:
- More opportunities. Easy access to activities and amenities gives you the chance to try new things and continue your lifelong passions. You can choose from hundreds of educational and recreational activities, join any number of special interest clubs, attend holiday parties and community barbecues, swim, garden, take exercise and wellness classes and so much more.
- More ways to stay involved. At WhiteStone, you’ll meet many wonderful people who share your interests. Plus, you’ll find easy ways to share your time and talents. You can join or lead any number of committees and organizations, or start one of your own.
- Easier life. Life is easier at WhiteStone because you have quick access to the essentials-from banking services and a hair salon to a convenient shop and business center. What’s more, our staff takes care of the chores, including housekeeping and maintenance, and provides scheduled shuttle service around town.
- More security. At WhiteStone, you never have to worry about who will take care of you in the future. That’s because we offer a variety of services-from assisted living to on-site health care, all provided by our bright, highly trained staff who know and care about you. Of course, that means ultimate peace of mind for you and your family.
At WhiteStone, you pay a one-time entrance fee and a monthly service fee. Those fees are determined by the size and type of residence you choose, whether or not you have someone living with you, and which financial package you choose. We offer a wide variety of residential choices in a broad price range along with different financing options, which means you’re sure to find choices that fit both your lifestyle and your financial situation.
For more specific information about fees or financing options, call us at (336) 547-2947 or (888) 558-6374.
WhiteStone offers an all-inclusive lifestyle, which means your monthly fee covers virtually all of our services, activities and amenities. Here’s a sample of what’s included:
- Dining privileges-daily flexible meal option is included in your fee
- Utilities-except cable & phone
- Maintenance & housekeeping services
- Access to on-site amenities
- Complimentary scheduled local transportation
- Property and building insurance-coverage does not include your furnishings & personal belongings
- Residential real estate taxes
- 24-hour security & emergency response
Yes, it is reasonable to expect annual increases in monthly fees to offset increases in the cost of utilities, staff salaries and operating expenses. However, you will be notified in advance of any price increase.
WhiteStone offers several types of living choices.
- Homes & Duplexes-Single-family homes in a variety of two-bedroom, two-bath floor plans with garage, screened in porch or Carolina room, full kitchen, breakfast nook, formal dining room, laundry closet, roomy storage and walk-in closets. You can keep a pet, if you like.
- Cottages-Duplex-style homes feature one- or two-bedroom floor plans with full kitchen, great room, patio, breakfast nook, guest bath and laundry closet. You can keep a pet, if you like.
- Apartment Homes-Single-family one- or two-bedroom floor plans with kitchen, great room, walk-in closets, extra powder room, some with den or sunroom. Our new apartments feature designer details such as brushed nickel hardware, ceramic tile, Silestone Quartz countertops and hardwood floors.
WhiteStone continually enhances its choice of activities and amenities to accommodate residents’ changing preferences. Our current amenities as well as those in the process of being added include:
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner served daily (options include casually elegant dining, new bistro & takeout service)
- Indoor swimming pool
- Fitness center
- Arts & crafts studio (fire your own pottery in our ceramics kiln)
- Billiards/Game room
- Library with Internet access
- Convenience shop & market (for essential groceries, household items & greeting cards)
- Housekeeping tailored to your requests
- Indoor & outdoor maintenance (with 24-hour, on-call service for emergencies)
- Landscaping and lawn care
- Scheduled shuttle service (for shopping, medical appointments and planned events)
- Recreational, social, cultural and educational activities (coordination provided by our staff)
- Hair salon & spa (offers manicures, pedicures, facials & hairstyling)
- On-site security & 24-hour emergency call system Triad’s only truly gated community
Optional services available for an additional fee include:
- Postal services
- Copying and faxing
- Hair salon & spa services
- Personal transportation
- Guest accommodations & meals
- Meals delivered to your home or apartment
- Personal laundry services
- Home care services provided in your home or apartment
WhiteStone’s calendar of activities includes a broad range of recreational, educational and wellness-related choices, all of which change from month to month. Here is a sample of the types of activities we offer.
- Exercise Classes
- Water Aerobics
- Wellness Programs & Seminars
- Musical Performances
- Book Club
- Men’s Social Group
- Classes & Seminars
- Day Trips to Local Museums, the Symphony & Plays
- Religious Services
- Cards & Games
- Dance Classes
- Arts & Crafts
- Holiday Parties & Community Get-togethers
- Volunteer Opportunities
At WhiteStone, choice is fundamental in everything we offer, including our dining options. Our professional, attentive staff provides exceptional services tailored to your needs. Our on-site dining offers flexible hours with elegant meals served tableside along with a self-serve bar of handcrafted soups and fresh salads. If you have special diet considerations, you can choose from numerous dietetic, low-fat and low-sodium offerings.
We serve breakfast, lunch and dinner in our restaurant-style dining room. We offer catering services and a private dining room for personal entertaining and special events. We’ve recently expanded our dining options with patio dining outside our main dining room, as well as a new Coffee Bistro for casual coffee and dining with fresh baked goods.
It’s comforting to know that because WhiteStone is a Continuing Care community, you have access to a full continuum of care options-all in one location.
- Routine Medical Care-From a flu shot to eye care to dentistry, WhiteStone’s Care and Wellness Center provides a broad array of health care options on site.
- Rehabilitation Therapies-In our rehabilitation center, you can receive physical, occupational and speech therapy. Whether you’re recovering from a fracture, illness or other condition, our rehabilitation experts and skilled nursing staff provide encouragement, specialized therapies and advice to help you get back to your independent lifestyle as quickly as possible.
- Skilled Nursing Care-WhiteStone’s Care and Wellness Center, which is fully licensed and Medicare-certified, offers comprehensive and skilled nursing services. Our state-of-the-art Center provides a full range of services, amenities and residential options for those who require skilled and semi-skilled care on a regular basis. You can choose from shared suites as well as fully private rooms.
WhiteStone’s Care & Wellness Center offers:
- Wellness Clinic for on-site medical appointments
- Physicians, Specialists & Ophthalmologist
- Therapeutic Pool
- Rehabilitation therapy-physical, occupational, speech and restorative
- Short- and long-term skilled nursing care
- Special Care Center for memory/dementia care
- Health & wellness programs
- fitness classes, health screenings, personal trainer, seminars
- Home care services available in your home or apartment
- Specialized dietician services
- 24-hour nursing services
- Medicare certified
Yes, but unlike other types of senior living communities, you only pay for the services you need, when and if you need them.
Most long-term care policies do not guarantee where you will receive care. Many well-respected health care centers actually have a waiting list. So, you might end up receiving financial benefits from your policy, but spending time in a health care center that you didn’t choose. Plus, of course, long-term care insurance can’t give you what WhiteStone can in terms of access to an easier life, convenient services, and enjoyable activities and amenities.
In general, we’ve found that some long-term care insurance policies complement WhiteStone quite well. As a resident, you have priority access to our Care and Wellness Center, and your insurance may pay a portion of your daily fees, making it a win-win situation for you. Check with your financial advisor and insurance representative to be sure.
Many people say they wish they had moved to WhiteStone sooner. Waiting too long means you miss out on meeting some really wonderful people and taking advantage of all of our community’s great activities and amenities. Of course, moving sooner means not having to take care of a big house and lawn, letting go of worries about a future move, and relieving your children of having to make decisions on your behalf.
Most importantly, you cannot predict the future so planning is crucial to make sure you get what you want. With that in mind, consider moving to WhiteStone when you are able to make the decision for yourself, and before a health problem affects your ability to qualify for residency. WhiteStone residents are also quick to point out that moving when you’re younger makes it easier to acclimate to your new neighborhood and make new friends.
WhiteStone is a not-for-profit organization with a committed Board of Directors and is sponsored by Masonic and Eastern Star members. We’re managed by Life Care Services, a highly respected company with more than 40 years experience managing senior communities nationwide.
WhiteStone is open to everyone.