5 Ways a Life Plan Lifestyle Equals a Stress-Free Retirement
When it’s time to retire, you have many things to think about – and hopefully, all of them are good things. However, research has shown that retirement can be one of the most stressful times in an individual’s life. When you think about everything that happens after you’ve retired … getting older, having to deal with home upkeep, potentially needing assistance for health concerns, boredom … those are things we don’t often think about when retiring, but they can add up to a chunk of stress. Which is exactly what you don’t want out of life – and why you might want to consider a Life Plan lifestyle for your retirement goals.
“Senior living is a great way for older adults to enjoy a maintenance-free, enjoyable and stress-free retirement,” says Marie Dunn, Director of Sales and Marketing at WhiteStone, a Masonic and Eastern Star retirement community in Greensboro, NC. “A Life Plan Community like WhiteStone is the perfect solution because it provides everything you could ever need, all under one roof – or on one campus.”
“At a Life Plan Community, retirees can benefit from amenities and services that have been designed to make their retirement lifestyle a lot more enjoyable – and a lot less stressful,” says Marie. The other big perk is that the Life Plan lifestyle has been designed to protect residents from rising long-term care costs. That means that no matter what happens to their health needs in the future, they can better preserve their assets and give their loved ones peace of mind.
“Knowing that they will always be cared for and provided for, no matter what, is a huge stress relief for all of our residents,” Marie explains. “At WhiteStone, we offer independent living, in-home care, memory care as well as rehabilitation and . No matter what, the people who call us home are cared for without ever having to leave our campus.”
How a Life Plan Lifestyle Makes Retirement Stress-Free
There are many ways that a community like WhiteStone helps provide a stress-free retirement for our residents. We like to say, “you choose the lifestyle; we make it happen.” And that’s what our lifestyle is all about – choice. Life Plan gives residents all the choices needed to live the retirement lifestyle they’ve been dreaming about, now and in the future. That choice and that surety definitely helps living here be stress-free. Here are some other ways that the Life Plan lifestyle helps residents at WhiteStone to live a retirement that’s as stress-free as possible.
- All-inclusive, maintenance-free living.
Dealing with all the tedious tasks that come with homeownership – cleaning, cooking, home repairs, landscaping and everything else – can get pretty tiring, especially in your retirement years. One of the biggest ways a Life Plan lifestyle provides a stress-free retirement experience is by taking all those chores, tasks and maintenance off your plate. Everything is taken care of, from housekeeping to yard maintenance, dining (so say goodbye to grocery shopping, prepping meals and cleaning up), transportation … and so much more. That’s not even mentioning the 24/7 security team that makes sure our community is safe and secure for everyone within or our full calendar of events so that there’s always something fun to do. If you, like most retirees, have spent decades caring for your home (and caring for others), moving to a Life Plan Community means a maintenance-free, chore-free, worry-free retirement lifestyle.
- An instant social network.
Did you know that being lonely and bored actually elevates your stress levels? It might not be something you notice, but your body certainly does. And this can lead to a slew of health issues that keep you from getting out and being with friends … causing even more stress. So another reason why a Life Plan lifestyle helps your retirement be more stress-free is because of all the friendships you’ll form. At a community, you’re instantly surrounded by peers who are also looking for an enjoyable, stress-free lifestyle – and friends. This is a great opportunity for retirees who haven’t been as social as they have been in the past. Plus, there are so many social opportunities, activities and events that will help you quickly and organically form relationships.
- Care for a lifetime, no matter how needs change.
Even though you’re an active and independent retiree right now, this may change as you get older. That can be a very stressful situation to think about. The Life Plan lifestyle takes even that worry and stress away. Life Plan Communities are designed to keep residents as healthy, active and independent as possible no matter how old they become or how their health needs change. WhiteStone offers levels of care for those who call us home, which allows residents to live full lives with us no matter how their health needs change.
- Independent living provides our active, independent retirees with the options and benefits they’ve been looking for. They get the benefit of a private residence with all the perks that you’d find at an all-inclusive resort. This truly independent lifestyle takes away the chores and tasks and gives retirees back their time to do whatever they want, whenever they want.
- In-home care allows residents who need a little extra help to continue to live an active, independent life. At WhiteStone, our residents receive in-home care in the privacy of their current apartment, meaning they don’t have to move away from the space they’ve come to call “home.” Our caregivers assist with personal care needs such as dressing, bathing and dining, and can also help with medication management and transportation to medical appointments. Whatever you need to maintain your independence, our services are tailored to your requirements.
- services at our Care and Wellness Center offers short- and long-term care in a homelike environment. Our supportive environment offers a variety of activities, tailored to your needs and interests that help strengthen mind, body and spirit. We also offer a wide variety of therapies to help you following an accident, illness or surgery.
- Memory care in WhiteStone’s Wisteria Place neighborhood is dedicated to caring for people with Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia. Because Alzheimer’s care and dementia care are so specialized and person-focused, we promote a blend of training, staffing and programs targeted at quality of life.
- A focus on wellness and healthy aging.
There’s a lot more to age than just the year you were born. At WhiteStone, we believe that it’s not enough to simply live longer – we want you to live better, too. A Life Plan lifestyle takes a whole-person approach to wellness that can help you live healthier and happier. From nutritious meals to engaging activities and so much more, every aspect of the Life Plan lifestyle is designed to help retirees continue to live the active and engaged lifestyle they want.
- Peace of mind.
Ultimately, all these benefits (and more) combine to provide peace of mind – perhaps the biggest way that a Life Plan lifestyle provides a stress-free retirement. Residents know they have everything they need, now and in the future, and can live out their golden years as fulfilled and happy as possible. Family members have peace of mind knowing that their loved ones will always be safe, cared for and happy. That’s a lot of stress that’s taken off the shoulders of so many, leaving instead opportunities for happiness, enjoyment, fulfillment and more for many years to come.
Founded on Fellowship. Inspired by You.
WhiteStone is the first and oldest Life Plan Community in North Carolina. Founded in 1912 as the first Masonic Fraternal Home in the U.S. created solely to care for the elderly, WhiteStone is open to everyone looking for a secure retirement in a comfortable, welcoming setting.
WhiteStone offers residents a host of amenities and services designed to make life easier, healthier and happier. In addition to independent living, WhiteStone offers a full range of 5-star rated senior health services, if and when the need arises, including memory care, in-home care, short- and long-term skilled nursing and rehabilitation. Assisted living services are coming soon to the community.
Since WhiteStone is a Life Plan Community, residents will never need to move in order to get the health care they need. At WhiteStone, we provide expert personalized care on campus in our top-rated Care and Wellness Center.
For more information about our community, please contact Marie Dunn at 336-459-0904.