When the time comes to think about living options for your retirement years, there are many things to consider. Some might want to stay in their home, or live with a family member, but increasingly, independent living has become the top choice for seniors.
With communities like WhiteStone in the highly desirable Greensboro area, it’s no surprise that independent living has become so popular. Mark Hensley with AARP shares that “our estimations are in the next 10 years, North Carolina’s 60-plus population will grow by about one million.” So there’s no better time to start thinking about your next steps for retirement.
When thinking about your ideal retirement, you might want to focus on staying active or look to settle down and prioritize your health. Independent living is a great solution for a variety of lifestyles, and a community like WhiteStone can help you achieve your goals.
What Is Independent Living at WhiteStone?
At WhiteStone, we consider independent living the best way to enhance your independence. Your home maintenance is taken care of by our staff, there are plenty of activities right outside your door, you can enjoy meals in our dining room, and you become part of the community of other seniors looking to make the most of their retirement and have access to higher levels of care if needed for the future.
There are three independent living options at WhiteStone: individual homes, cottages, and apartments. Depending on your lifestyle and budget, you can find the best fit for your needs.
The individual homes feature two-bedroom, two-bath floor plans with garage, screened-in porch or Carolina room, full kitchen, breakfast nook, formal dining room, laundry closet, roomy storage, and walk-in closets.
The cottages are duplex-style homes that feature one- or two-bedroom floor plans with full kitchen, great room, patio, breakfast nook, guest bath, and laundry closet.
And our apartment homes, which offer several affordable options, feature one- or two-bedroom floor plans with a full kitchen, great room, walk-in closets, extra powder room, laundry closet, den and/or sunroom.
When you compare all the costs of staying in your home and consider all the added amenities and services that come with your independent living residence, it’s a move that makes sense. In fact, many of our residents say they wish they’d done it sooner. You can view floor plans on our website.
Five reasons to move to independent living
- Maintenance-free living: No more yardwork, home repairs or housecleaning! We’ve got you covered. Let our team take care of all these things so you can focus on enjoying all that WhiteStone has to offer.
- Dining options: Our high-quality dining program features made-from-scratch dishes to satisfy your body and soul. The main dining room serves breakfast, lunch and dinner, with flexible hours for your convenience. And when the weather is nice, enjoy sitting on our patio for al fresco dining.
- A focus on wellness: With a diverse range of wellness services that encompass your physical, intellectual and social health, you’ll be bettering yourself each day. A healthy and happy life is our main goal, and we’re here to make that happen for every resident.
- Activities and events: There’s so much to do every single day at WhiteStone. Our independent living residents share that they appreciate the ability to be as busy, or as relaxed, as they like! No matter your interest, there is an activity you can enjoy. Check out our Facebook page to get a feel for some of the fun things happening at the community.
- A true sense of community: When you’re surrounded by other seniors looking to make the most of their retirement years, you’ll naturally build new friendships.
At WhiteStone, making the decision to move to independent living also grants you the security of knowing you’re going to be cared for no matter what life circumstances may change in the future. We offer a variety of services from in-home care to skilled nursing, all provided by highly trained and empathetic staff, so you can have peace of mind.
Discover exceptional independent living in Greensboro, NC.
Independent living at WhiteStone means you can retire the way you’ve always dreamed of. With services and amenities that make life worry-free and endless opportunities to live each day to the fullest, make the move to an independent living community that exceeds expectations.