SENIOR WELLNESS ACTIVITIES | WHITESTONE
THE KEYS TO LIFELONG WELLNESS.
At WhiteStone, we believe it’s not enough to live longer. You deserve to live better, too, so, we take a whole-person approach to wellness that can help you live healthier and happier. Encompassing the eight dimensions of wellness, our program features a variety of wellness activities for seniors that not only promote healthy aging, but they also create a lifestyle you’ll love.
At WhiteStone, you’ll wake up each day looking forward to new activities and events that enrich your quality of life, deliver health benefits and are just plain fun.
Dynamic, engaging and welcoming, our community has something (or more!) for everyone. From social events to physical activity, these senior living community events are specially designed by us just for you.
- Water aerobics
- Strength and balance classes
- Tai chi
- Chair volleyball
- And more
As we age, it’s normal to experience changes in our thinking and memory. They are normal signs of the aging process. But there are ways to slow down these symptoms and keep your mind sharp. According to the Alzheimer’s Association, mental stimulation is important for brain health. You’ve got to exercise your mind just as you would your body to keep it in tip-top shape. The benefits of mental exercises are numerous; such activity boosts your mood, decreases stress, and increases your ability to concentrate. At WhiteStone, we’ve got a variety of activities designed to keep you mentally sharp, intellectually stimulated and feeling good, including:
- Brain fitness classes
- Guest lectures in our monthly speaker series
- Book club
- Local college classes
- Games, puzzles, chess, crosswords, and more
- Social engagement – With our calendar of social activities, the company of peers and the support of our staff, there’s always someone here to spend time with and brighten your day.
- Maintaining your cognitive health – Staying mentally sharp is key to your emotional wellness. With the many programs and activities offered at WhiteStone, we can help keep you intellectually active.
- Independence – Living alone can be stressful. It’s difficult to handle all the work, worry and cost of owning a home when you’re by yourself. Living at WhiteStone gives you the best of both worlds: the independence of your own residence, plus services and staff who make each day easy and enjoyable.
- Hobbies & Exercise – With our variety of activities, programs and events, staying physically and mentally active and engaged is easy at WhiteStone.
Living alone can be more than lonely; it can be detrimental to your health. In fact, isolation can lead to depression. Being socially connected to others keeps the brain sharp and the spirits lifted. At WhiteStone, there are endless opportunities for connecting with others. From sharing conversations and experiences to dining together, this is a place to live a social, engaged life. There’s so much going on, including:
- Special-interest clubs
- Special events
- Trips to Greensboro’s attractions, including:
- Ambleside Gallery
- Steven Tanger Center for the Performing Arts
- The Greensboro Arboretum
- Antique Market Place
- First National Bank Field
- Greensboro Symphony Orchestra
- And so many more!
- Teaching others
- Leading discussion groups
Giving back gives you purpose, one of the keys to maintaining lifelong wellness.
A strong spiritual life can instill hope, strength, and peace. We offer a variety of ways to nurture and celebrate your spirituality, including:
- Worship services in our chapel
- Meditation classes
- Religious studies
- And more
A Forward-Thinking Community
As the saying goes, the only constant is change. Today, some forward-thinking senior living communities like WhiteStone are shifting focus, moving from senior care to wellness living. Our goal is to keep residents as healthy, happy and active as possible for as long as possible – then have care services available if they’re needed.
That’s also why we keep ahead of senior wellness trends and are constantly adding, improving and enhancing services, programs, spaces and opportunities to help our residents live their very best lives.
The best way to experience the lifestyle offered at WhiteStone is to visit. We host a variety of community events that welcome you to join in the fun and festivity. Meet and mingle with staff, residents, and others interested in learning more about our community. We invite you to visit our events page. We have some exciting things happening soon, and we hope to see you there.