Retirement is one of the most momentous occasions in your life. You spend years working hard, preparing for your future, and now you’re ready to enjoy your golden years. But where should you spend them? Seniors all across the country agree that a purposeful and active retirement can be fueled by choosing to reside at a senior living community.
When it comes to independent living, you have a lot of options. A one-on-one discussion with a senior living advisor, like those we have at WhiteStone, can help you cut through the clutter and focus on finding the right community for you.
What Can You Expect From a One-on-One Conversation?
- Personalized Attention: You’ll have the full attention of a senior living advisor who can answer your questions, explain different community types and pricing structures, and dive into what matters to you.
- Get Pointed in the Right Direction: Talking through what you specifically require – and desire – in a community will help you narrow your search. We’ll be able to provide the most useful information and point you toward the most appropriate resources for your needs, including downsizing resources and events that may interest you.
- A Feel for the Community: Only by visiting can you truly get to know a community’s culture and the personality of its people. You’ll learn about our services and programs and have a chance to see our lifestyle in action with a tour of the grounds, community amenities, and residences.
What Are The Questions I Should Ask During My Visit?
When you come for a one-on-one conversation at a senior living community, you might wonder what questions you should ask. There are a variety of things that are important to learn as you navigate this decision.
What Is a Life Plan Community?
A Life Plan Community, also known as a Continuing Care Retirement Community or CCRC, is a type of senior living where your care is secured for your future, potentially at a lower-than-market rate. Should you eventually need a higher level of care, such as assisted living or memory care, you won’t have to move from the community campus. Your care needs will always be met. At WhiteStone, we have a top-rated Care and Wellness Center that provides compassionate services for residents who require them.
Be sure to ask about the type of contract that is offered when doing your one-on-one conversation with a senior living community advisor, and if there is a continuum of care for future needs.
What Are My Residence Options?
Senior living communities offer a variety of residence options based on your particular needs. Your lifestyle and budget also help dictate the right type of senior living residence for you. There will be options ranging from studio apartments to individual homes, and everything in between. At WhiteStone, we have three living options in our beautiful residential setting.
- Homes: These individual homes feature two-bedroom, two-bathroom floor plans with a garage or carport, a screened-in porch or Carolina room, a full kitchen, a breakfast nook, a formal dining room, a laundry closet, roomy storage, and walk-in closets.
- Cottages: Our duplex-style homes feature one- or two-bedroom floor plans with one- or two- bathrooms, a full kitchen, a great room, a patio, a breakfast nook, and a laundry closet.
- Apartments: One- or two-bedroom floor plans with full kitchen, great room, walk-in closets, extra powder room, laundry closet, and some even come with a den and/or sunroom.
When you have your one-on-one conversation, be sure to take a personalized tour of the community and the residences that interest you. Also, your advisor can give advice on downsizing and provide resources for your move.
What Are the Amenities Offered at the Community?
Services and amenities are among the most asked-about items when someone is looking into senior living options. After all, you’ll want to know how you can spend your days on the community campus, and if there are activities that you’d like to pursue.
At WhiteStone, we offer educational and recreational activities, dozens of special interest clubs that are resident-led, a variety of exercise and wellness classes, holiday parties and frequent social events, and much more.
When you come for your one-on-one conversation, be sure to share your passions and interests with your advisor so they can direct you to all the ways you’ll love getting engaged with the community.
Discover the Perfect Retirement at WhiteStone
Located in beautiful Greensboro, NC, WhiteStone is the premier Life Plan Community for seniors seeking their perfect retirement. Under our Life Care contract, you’ll always be taken care of, no matter how your needs change. Plus, you’ll enjoy a wide variety of activities, events and chances to connect with fellow residents.
As you navigate important decisions for your future, we’re here for you to make the process easier. Call us today to schedule your one-on-one conversation about a fulfilling retirement at WhiteStone.